Friday, December 15, 2006

From the Mouth of Babes

Last night my family was in route to a Christmas party. I was unsure of which entrance to take into the subdivision where our host lived (Mountain Shadows has three entrances). We came off of Banks Road which evenly divides the 3 main entrances. Not knowing where to go specifically I took a right and pulled into the first entrance. Strike one. After we got turned around we got back on the main road and took the second entrance to Mountain Shadows. Strike two.

As I was turning the Xterra around my astute 2-year old Emeline said, "Are we having a problem?"

Emily burst into laughter. I told her, "Yes, we are having a problem"

To which Emeline replied, "Why are we having a problem?" I tried to explain that we didn't know where we were going, but it was at this point that Emeline's immature brain failed in its ability to grasp the concept that we were - though not lost - searching for the right wrong to take us to the party.

Watching Emeline's development has been nothing short of remarkable and dumbfounding. Her vocabularly is ever-evolving, and what has been most spectacular is her ability to express her maturing vocabularly appropriately in conversation. We hear something new from her mouth almost daily and marvel at her ability to put together thoughts and concepts and express them verbally.

This is an amazing testimony to the creativity and brillance of God. I see his handiwork in the lives of my children on a daily basis and it is cause for worship and praise. God is good. He is kind. He is glorious.

2 Comments:

At 5:44 PM , Blogger Sandy said...

I have enjoyed watching Emeline grow and develop, too. Just yesterday, your once quiet and seemingly reserved toddler ran up behind me at the children's library and cheerfully "bopped" me to get my attention! She had picked out her library books and wanted me to check them out to her. She is so talkative now, and her personality is really beginning to shine. I agree with you--children are an amazing testimony to an incredible divine creator.

 
At 12:54 PM , Blogger Meredith said...

awww, hilarious

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home