Monday, April 30, 2007

Torture in Turkey

This is an important post that everyone who loves Jesus and the Gospel should read. And while it may not be saying much, this may be one of the most important posts I've ever published. "I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain for the word of God and for the witness they had borne" (Revelation 9:6). I couldn't read it without asking, "Do I love Jesus this much?" It's also hard to read without tears. May the glory of Jesus be revealed through the blood of His saints. You should keep checking Denny Burk's site for thoughts about the death of these disciples throughout the week. And though it is linked to Burk's site, you should also read the letter received by The Voice of the Martyr's from a church in Turkey.

The Church in Smyrna ("Izmir"), hometown of one of the three martyrs, has recently posted another letter correcting any inaccuracies. But God's glory is already being revealed as three people are said to have professed Christ since the death of these three saints.

2 Comments:

At 10:10 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow...I can't even imagine how anyone could endure that. I've read things about how the Holy Spirit helps you die, but I still can't fathom the strength and faith that must have took for those men to experience and watch their friends being tortured for the sake of Christ.

 
At 11:13 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thank you for posting this. What a reality check for me as a comfortable american. Makes me think about my faith and about my bothers and sister around the world. Wow. Thank God for his faithfullness and his promises. Thank God for his love and comfort. Thank God for his example on earth and victory over death.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home